2/19/08 I Heart Hiro!

At 10:02 a.m. on Tuesday, February 19, 2008, Hiroki Skyler Fingerhut made his debut on Earth, weighing in at a healthy 8 lbs, 5 oz, and sporting an impressive head of black, wavy hair. Michiyo was a rock star throughout, braving tough contractions and putting off an epidural till late in the process, resulting in a swift, smooth delivery. Her Mom, Chieko was solid as well, popping right up at 3 a.m. for the ride to the hospital. Everyone is doing well, and I will post some more pics and info as soon as I get a chance, not to mention as soon as I can score a fun picture of what my son looks like—a Junior Billiken!

Tuesday, February 19, 2008, about 10:15a: Just out of the oven

I Love it when you call me Big Papa
First pic of the Fingerhuts
Three Moms and A Baby
This is the mascot of St. Louis University High School, where I graduated in 1995. We are the Junior Billikens.

Now, look at the face, and lock it in your mind.
This is my son. Put a smile on that adorable face, and now I have my very own Junior Billiken.

This is my son and his hair. Like a Junior Billiken with Rogaine. This is my son hungry
Michiyo got this ladybug to be a measuring stick for Hiroki as he grows.
Have you ever seen a more beautiful wife and son? I am incredibly lucky--Michiyo did an amazing job.
As everyone knows, Dads are usually exhausted and hungry after the birth of their child. I decided to treat myself to an extensive room service lunch in bed.

Lots of family and friends have said how cute our son is. Michiyo and I humbly yet wholeheartedly agree. Keeping the tradition alive: Michiyo and I were married on the coldest, snowiest day of the year in 2005. Her Mom, Chieko, arrived about three weeks ago in time for a winter storm. And now, Hiroki arrives home on a snow day. Let's enjoying Winter Family!

6 comments:

Kellys said...

Great picture! Hiro is beautiful!

Unknown said...

So cute! Congratulations!

Amy Z. said...

Congratulations Fingerhuts- Hiro is a beautiful boy!! 2-19 is a wonderful day... Just one year ago on that exact date our Bohdan was born! Enjoy your new son!! Amy Z.

Kathleen said...

Congratulations Joe & family! Good to see that you are all doing well.
-Kathleen (aka Weenie)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! You are a beautiful mom, Michiyo:)
So cute and very hundsome boy just like his dad!!

Marlin Yoder said...

Congratulations Joe and Michiyo! Your son is beautiful. We've enjoyed discovering your web site.

Mary and Marlin Yoder