1-30-08 New Life Coming

Happy New Year Family & Friends! Consider this your last, final, ultimate Holiday Card. I was determined to send something like this before January finished, so here we go.

Michiyo and I had a busy and memorable 2007. While we did not manage to tackle any long-term, epic trips like in ’05 and ’06, we had a bunch of fun times and crazy adventures. Several weddings gave us an excuse to get out of St. Louis and explore, first to Portland, Oregon, for Maria and Nick in August, and then to Harrisonburg, Virginia, for Dave and Allison in October. Michiyo spent a month in Kumamoto, where she attended the wedding of an old friend there, and while she was there, I got down to New Orleans for a service trip, then out to Las Vegas for a National DJ Meeting.

Speaking of DJing, I spent another year gainfully employed as an entertainer. In the last year, I have been able to continue to blend a lot of skills together to make people happy on important occasions, which brings me great happiness as well. Whether I was acting wacky doing magic shows, unicycling around crowds, or keeping a packed dance floor jumping, I stayed very busy all year long, and loved it! Increased experience has also brought increased success and recognition: For the 4th quarter of 2007, I achieved the status of #1 DJ at Complete Music, and finished #3 for the entire year. See the last paragraph for a gold mine of video amusement, and get a glimpse of the action.

Beyond everything else, however, the most important and exciting development of 2007 is about to reach its zenith. Michiyo has reached full term with our baby boy inside of her, with a due date of February 13th. I never thought my lovely little wife could get so big. As so many parents know, these last few months have not been easy, but all ready, we feel extremely rewarded with good health. Some of my best memories of these times will be simply sitting on the couch with Michiyo and feeling our little guy moving around like crazy. Everybody says that life is about to change, and I feel a little like being a senior in college about to graduate—people can tell you it will be different, but the only way to know is to experience it. I will keep you all up to date.

Thank you all once again for continuing to share in my (and our) experiences. Life will only get more exciting, and we are happy that you are a part of it. Happy New Year!

The cake in these pictures was designed by my sister Katie for our baby shower.

2 things to enjoy:
--Make sure you check out post #19 listed on my blog. Entitled “My Mullet,” it is one of my favorite tales of life in Japan, and I have included many pictures.
--I have posted my first video on YouTube. Please check out “The Humpty Dance by Fingerhut,” and pass it along, post comments, and Dowatchalike.

1 comment:

DJ-RJ said...

Congrats on the music and baby success!!!!! Life is about to change for you both and will be much sweeter!